Swift Communications is an emerging media pioneer in resort markets. The Swift Corporate site explains their aptitude in every aspect of media, from print to digital and mobile. The site does well representing the unique identities of their interstate properties both geographically and photographically.
What I did:
- Worked with Graphic Artist to design site, maintaining established brand.
- Developed architecture and determined CMS, including applicable templates.
- Worked with Internet Director to update new features as needed.
Over 30 different newspapers, magazines or journals were in operation at one time, largely encompassing properties in the resort towns of Colorado, California, and Nevada.
What I did:
- Creative director for all newspaper web sites, based on a single code-base with local design configurations and special features per group.
- Re-engineered and redesigned the core systems for Classifieds, both the front-end for searching and buying, and the back-end for placement of ads, increasing throughput by over 25%.
- Worked closely with technologists to determine best course for rolling out updates to the core system and individual sites.
- Worked with over 12 third-party vendors including Pluck and Trumba to ensure compatibility with set design standards.
- Worked on creative projects with several publishers, editors, journalists, sales people and others in the newspaper industry.
Tahoe.com & Reno.com:
Also Swift properties, these sites presented special challenges in that they did not address the locals within Swift’s market, but the travelers that sought vacation information about those areas. For more, visit their individual sections: